LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Wolleson-Nicewander Building


category : Historic Buildings
The Wolleson-Nicewander Building Originally the "Boston Store" built in 1894 and it was one of the first permanent buildings of stone on the square. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it was erected by Adolph Wolleson and A.C. Nicewander, both early day businessmen. Wolleson, a merchant sailor from Denmark is credited with influencing the building design using naval motifs. Gargoyle head and leaf figures accent the Romanesque arched windows. The first floor facade has been altered with stucco panels covering the original recessed entry store front.



Address: 615 Delaware Street, north side of the courthouse square.

Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Famous Store

James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90 foot two-story brick building in 1908

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

Cherokee Strip Museum

Through the use of artifacts, photographs, and documents the museum traces the history of the Cherokee Outlet and its people. In addition to exhibits detailing the chronological history of life in the Outlet, there are vignettes of a *General Store, * Kitchen, *

Perry, OK Museums

The Joseph Foucart Building

Perhaps the most striking building in the downtown Perry business district area is the two-story red brick structure listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

The Pancoast Building

J.A.. Pancoast, a lawyer, erected this building in approximately 1905

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

Rose Hill School

The Rose Hill School is a furnished one-room country school built in 1895. In schools like this one, students received their eduction from the first through the eighth grade. Rose Hill School was moved to the museum grounds in 1971.

Perry, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do Historic Buildings near Perry, OK