LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Christoph Block Building


category : Historic Buildings
The Christoph Block Building Charles Christoph built this building in 1900 to house his flourishing furniture and undertaking business. It was the first building in Perry complete with an elevator. His step-son, George A. Newton, joined him and for many years the Christoph-Newton Furniture and Undertaking business prospered in Perry. The Victorian style structure has recently re-opened half-round arched clerestory windows which are repeated in miniature in the stepped brickwork.


Address: 300 N. 7th Street, west side of the courthouse square.

Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Rose Hill School

The Rose Hill School is a furnished one-room country school built in 1895. In schools like this one, students received their eduction from the first through the eighth grade. Rose Hill School was moved to the museum grounds in 1971.

Perry, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Outdoor Murals

This cowhand perception can be admired on the building north of Delaware Street on 6th. The artist is D.J. Mane, 1993. Another mural by D.J. Mane (1994) is painted on the north side of the Foster Drug Store depicting the old fashioned soda fountain days at Foster's.

Perry, OK Arts

Carnegie Library

Perry Carnegie Library was built in 1909 at a cost of $10,000, the exact amount provided in a gift from Pittsburgh steel magazine Andrew Carnegie. It is regarded as one of Perry's most prized possessions. An extensive renovation and space expansion project with an estimated cost of $450,000

Perry, OK Carnegie Libraries


Things to do Historic Buildings near Perry, OK