This Colonial-style building was erected in 1908 by the Ladies Library Association under the Carnegie endowment program. The building is a striking example of Colonial and Dutch Colonial architecture. The Ladies Library Association was founded March 29, 1882. A frame building was erected in 1887
In 1993 this 100-foot wall mural depicting a typical Victorian street and business logos from early Superior, was designed and painted by Anne Beeson, an art teacher at the Clarkson Public Schools. It incorporates features of 15 historic buildings in the town.