The first Lutheran services ever conducted in Wahoo were in 1880. They were conducted by Rev. Nels Nordling, pastor of Edensburg church of Malmo and were held in the N.J. Anderson photography gallery. On December 25, 1883 the Swedes organized the present congregation. Lots 4, 5, and 6 were purchased from the city for $400. The first church building was dedicated September 2, 1888, and cost $3,000. On September 18, 1892, a parsonage was secured and Rev. J.E. Erlander was the first to occupy it. The present church was dedicated May 17, 1908. The building, including furniture cost was $16,687. In 1908 a pipe organ was purchased for $2,000 and a bell for $1,400. In 1914, a new parsonage was completed without a debt. Swedish services were discontinued in 1947. In 1948, the activities building was erected.
Come visit us in Wahoo, Nebraska