LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Claremore, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Rogers State University

When Oklahoma was granted statehood, the first legislature established Eastern University Preparatory School, which opened on College Hill in Claremore in 1909

Claremore, OK Colleges

Old Armory

The Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt's term and was constructed by local Claremore residents with the sandstone unearthed in Oklahoma. During the 1940'

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Claremore's Expo-Center

The City of Claremore has redeveloped its old city/county fair grounds by removing all structures, and acquiring additional acreage, bringing the area to more than 55 acres. The major addition has been bulding the Expo Center.

Arena Area

Claremore, OK Expo Centers

Lynn Riggs Memorial

The south wing of the Old Will Rogers Library is the Lynn Riggs Memorial. Rollie Lynn Riggs was born in 1899, 3 miles southwest of Claremore in Indian Territory. He became an internationally famous author and playwright of "Green Grow the Lilacs", from which the musical "Oklahoma!"

Claremore, OK Memorials

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Claremore, OK

Keystone Public Hunting Area

Keystone Public Hunting Area, covering approximately 15,500 acres, lies along much of the shoreline which consists of bottoml...

400 Block Main

Most of the buildings in the 400 block of Will Rogers Blvd. (main street) were built during the period of 1904 and 1925. In 1...