An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"
Rogers University Conservation Education Reserve is a 120 acre natural resource conservation education facility adjacent to the main campus of Rogers University. Bird watching, wildlife observation, outdoor photography, walking trails, picnicking, and fishing are available.
Claremore Lake features 500 surface acres for boating and great bass fishing (no swimming allowed). There are 2 boat ramps, courtesy dock and 3 fishing piers, 1 for senior citizens and disabled children, 2 for general public use. Enhancing the lake is a 60