LASR.net Homepage




Menu

First Presbyterian Church


category : Historic Churches
First Presbyterian Church National Register of Historic Places

Built in 1894 of lumber hauled by wagons from Guthrie, Oklahoma, this structure was one of few, if any public buildings left intact after the tragic cyclone of 1897. It was used as a hospital for victims, and is still in use as the Chandler First Presbyterian Church.

Gothic leaded, stained glass windows and a basement were later additions.


Address: 8th and North Blaine

Come visit us in Chandler, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

First Presbyterian Church

National Register of Historic Places Built in 1894 of lumber hauled by wagons from Guthrie, Oklahoma, this structure was one of few, if any public buildings left intact after the tragic cyclone of 1897

Chandler, OK Historic Churches

The Mascho Buildings

National Register of Historic Places The oldest commercial buildings in Lincoln County, these sandstone "twin" buildings were built by pioneer merchant, A.E. Macho in 1897 and 1898. The earlier building was first constructed in 1896

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Johnson-Yinger-Young House

National Register of Historic Places This two-story white clapboard home was built in 1897 by H.F. Johnson as a simple territorial "four square" home. In 1905

Chandler, OK Historic Homes

Tilghman Park

Tilghman Park occupies the lower field area of the historic National Guard Encampment artillery practice field. It contains many facilities to insure a full day of family fun. You will find a pavilion, Tennis Courts, Volley Ball Area, Play Ground Area, and Picnic Area with Tables and Benches.

Chandler, OK Recreation

Chandler High School

National Register of Historic Places Built by the WPA in 1942 of native limestone.

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Churches near Chandler, OK