LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Immaculate Conception Catholic Church


category : Historic Churches
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church This church is known widely as the "Cathedral of the Osage". Special permission from the Vatican had to be granted to depict living tribal members in the glorious stained glass that was crafted in Munich, Germany in 1919. The two largest windows show scenes significant to the Osage. One shows Columbus meeting a party of Indians and the other shows prominent Osage of the era gathered around the black cassocked Rev. Schoenmakers.


Hours: Group tours may be arranged through the church.
Address: 1314 N Lynn
Phone: 918-287-1414
Our Email: pawhuskacatholic@sbcglobal.net
Our Website:www.cathedraloftheosage.com
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church

Come visit us in Pawhuska, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Osage County Historical Museum

One of the three museums in and around Pawhuska, the Osage County Historical Museum is housed in the historic Santa Fe Depot built in 1922

Pawhuska, OK Museums

Immaculate Conception Catholic Church

This church is known widely as the "Cathedral of the Osage". Special permission from the Vatican had to be granted to depict living tribal members in the glorious stained glass that was crafted in Munich, Germany in 1919

Pawhuska, OK Historic Churches

Osage County Courthouse

The County Courthouse building was completed in 1914. Osage County is the largest county in Oklahoma, twice as large as the entire state of Rhode Island and Delaware combined.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Courthouses

Constantine Community Center

The theater was originally built as the Pawhuska House Hotel in the 1880's. In 1911, Mr. C.C. Constantine purchased the building and remodeled it into the elegant Constantine Theater. In 1987, a group of concerned citizens began a long, tedious renovation. It is now over 90%

Pawhuska, OK Historic Theatres

Pawhuska City Hall

City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894, is the second building, as the original was destroyed by fire. The bell in the tower was used to call councilmen to meetings.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Churches near Pawhuska, OK