LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House


category : Historic Homes
Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House National Register of Historic Places

Built in 1898 by O.B. Kee, this mansard-roofed home was purchased in 1901 by famed Deputy U.S. Marshal, William Mathew "Bill" Tilghman, Lincoln County homesteader, sheriff, state senator, and one of the territorial lawmen known as the "Three Guardsmen."

The five patterns of cut shingles were colorfully painted in rows and diamond patterns were painted across the roof. The house is now owned by Mrs. P.S. Erwin.


Address: 209 West Eighth

Come visit us in Chandler, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Clapp-Cunningham Building

National Register of Historic Places The building was building 1899 by L. W. Clapp, Wichita, Kansas financier and mayor. The architecture is termed "Richardson-Romanesque"

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

National Guard Artillery Encampment

The Statistical House was built in 1907 at Chandler to house officers and scorekeepers compiling results of rifle practices and competitions during Oklahoma National Guard encampments and other training sessions. It later served half a century as housing for Business and professional Women'

Chandler, OK Memorials

Chandler Lake

Chandler Lake is the smaller of the two lakes in Chandler.

The lake offers excellent fishing while being adjacent to the Chandler Municipal Golf Course. There is plenty of parking and it does provide aboat ramp.

FEE SCHEDULE

Chandler, OK Recreation

Chandler High School

National Register of Historic Places Built by the WPA in 1942 of native limestone.

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

First Presbyterian Church

National Register of Historic Places Built in 1894 of lumber hauled by wagons from Guthrie, Oklahoma, this structure was one of few, if any public buildings left intact after the tragic cyclone of 1897

Chandler, OK Historic Churches

Things to do Historic Homes near Chandler, OK