LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Marland Oils Building


category : Historic Buildings
Marland Oils Building Hominy's 1921 Marland service station is one of the few surviving examples of the popular triangle design utilized by the old Marland Oil Company (now Conoco). The building is under restoration by the Hominy Heritage Association.

 

Stop in at the station and study some of the bygone road service memorabilia displayed on the wall alongside the station.Memorabilia Wall


Address: Main and Wood

Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Osage Round House

Built in 1919 to replace an earlier roundhouse, it is the only surviving community round house in Osage County. Traditionally the focus for village activities, it has been used for dances, gatherings, and meetings and is a symbol of tribal unity and tradition to the Osage Indians.

Hominy, OK Ethnic Heritage

Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

Historic Drummond Home

Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching. The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980

Hominy, OK Museums

MKT Railroad Depot and Hospitality Center

The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.

Hominy, OK Railroad History

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do Historic Buildings near Hominy, OK

Old Will Rogers Library

The Old Will Rogers Library is now occupied by the City of Claremore. A year before his death, Will Rogers donated his lots i...