Built in 1859 by Joseph Cottrell, the Pony Express Barn Museum is the oldest building in Marshall County. Too, it is the only original home station along the Pony Express route at its original site.
The Pony Express System was inaugurated April 3, 1860
After the Union Pacific Railroad converted to diesel power in the early 1950s, Marysville, a crew-change point, asked for and received the great old steam locomotive on display in City Park, a Baldwin Consolidation 2-8-0, built in 1901 for UP, later used for short-line freight hauls.
The bronze Pony Express Horse & Rider are located at the Pony Express Plaza, between Broadway & Highway 36 at 7th Street. The park is currently under construction, due to be finished this summer. The Pony Express Horse &