Upcoming Events in Ozona Texas
|11 - 28||
Crockett County Museum Toy Box Exhibit
- March 11 - June 28, 2019 - The Crockett County Museum Board of Directors and staff would like to invite you to visit our Toy Box Exhibit! Opening in March, the exhibit will run through the end of June. This is one you won’t want to miss!
Featuring a wide variety of toys from decades past, the exhibit will give the visitor a new perspective on the lives of the children of Crockett County for over a century. It might even spark some childhood memories for you, too!
Stop by or give us a call to learn more!
Crockett County Easter Egg Hunt
- You're invited to the Crockett County Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Ozona's Historic Town Square. Sponsored by the Ozona Knights of Columbus.
FMI contact Frank Tambunga at 325-392-2827
Visit http://www.Ozona.com/EventsCalendar to find more area activities!
Levis & Lace Annual Anniversary Square Dance
- Come join Levis & Lace Square Dance Club for their 33rd Annual Anniversary Dance Festival! Tracey Dowell of McCaulley, Texas will call the dance.
Workshop - 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
BBQ Luncheon - Noon
Dance - 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Address: Crockett County Civic Center, 103 Medical Dr. , Ozona, Texas
|17 - 18||
Western Frontier Days at Fort Lancaster
- Western Frontier Days at Fort Lancaster are days of historical reenactment and living history displays. The grounds of Fort Lancaster will be filled with tents, stations and living history interpreters for visitors and students to learn from. The story of Fort Lancaster will come alive with soldiers, settlers, wagons and live animals. Visitors can meet the pioneers and soldiers and hear their stories of life on the Texas frontier. Visitors can also experience daily life through observing cooking demonstrations, soldier duties, livestock, adobe brick making and the U.S. Army Camel Corps.
Fort Lancaster State Historic Site, a Texas Historical Commission property commemorates the remnants Fort Lancaster, an old U.S. Army Fort built to protect the road moving west during the 1850s - 1870s. The site contains the ruins of a once sizable military installation as well as an interpretive trail and a Visitor Center with exhibits and a gift shop.
School Day: Thursday, May 17, 2019
General Public Day: Friday, May 18, 2019
Address: Fort Lancaster State Historic Site, 629 Fort Lancaster Road, Sheffield, TX 79781 , Ozona, Texas
Memorial Day Ceremony in Ozona, TX
- Each year Ozona's citizens stop to remember the fallen veterans both past and present who have served in our military services. This solemn ceremony is held each year at the Veteran's Memorial at the Cedar Hill Cemetery south of Ozona at Quail Run and S. Hwy 163. This ceremony is always held on Memorial Day at 10:00 a.m. FMI contact Frank Tambunga at
Address: Cedar Hill Cemetery, Intersection of Quail Run & TX Hwy 163 S. , Ozona, Texas
GI Joe 5K Walk/Run
- GI Joe 5K Walk/Run starts at 8:00am. Proceeds benefit Crockett County Veterans.
The fun continues for Fourth of July Celebrations on July 4th at 2:00 p.m. in Ozona’s Historic Town Square with food booths, games, entertainment, etc. The Patriotic Parade starts at 8:00 p.m. in front of the Crockett County Courthouse and ends at the baseball fields north of town. The annual Fireworks display begins after parade at sunset. FMI contact
Frank Tambunga 325-392-2827.
Fourth of July Celebrations in Ozona, TX
- Join the Ozona Knights of Columbus as we celebrate Independence Day! Activities begin at 2:00 p.m. in Ozona’s Historic Town Square. Food booths, games, entertainment and more will keep you busy until the Patriotic Parade which begins at 8:00 p.m. in front of the Crockett County Courthouse. This exciting parade ends at the baseball fields north of town. There will be a fireworks display at the fields after sunset. Details about the GI Joe 5K Walk/Run will be determined soon.
FMI contact Frank Tambunga 325-392-2827.
Davy Crockett Festival
- Fun games, activities, food and shopping on the Ozona Historic Town Square! At 6:00 p.m. get ready for the annual Toro Loco Bull Riding event at the arena!
All proceeds benefit the Ozona Community Center!
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Address: Ozona's Historic Town Square , Ozona, Texas
Crockett County History Fest
- Join us for funny stories about the old days of Ozona (8-10 Speakers) and a chuck wagon lunch! Hosted by the Crockett County Historical Commission.
Contact Janie Everett at 325-392-2472 for more information.
Address: Crockett County Civic Center, 103 Medical Drive (1st & Ave. H) , Ozona, Texas
Toro Loco Annual Bull Riding Competition
- Bull Riding Challenge held during the Ozona Davy Crockett Festival, held at the Crockett County Arena. Join us for some exciting fun, followed by a dance featuring Raulito Navira Y Remedio & DJ Tres Mendez. Gates open at 6:00pm.
FMI contact Ruben Cruz at 325-315-6440 or Ryan Mason at 325-201-4333 or visit http://www.Ozona.com/Events-Calendar
Crockett County Museum Annual Membership Drive & Appreciation Dinner
- The annual Crockett County Museum Membership Appreciation and Membership Drive dinner will take place on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at the Crockett County Civic Center.
Tickets are $16.00 per person which includes the meal and a door prize entry. This year's guest speaker will be The Honorable Judge Fred Deaton.
Tickets are available for purchase at the Crockett County Museum at 408 11th Street.
FMI contact Emily Guerra at 325-392-2837.
Address: Crockett County Civic Center, 103 Medical Drive (1st & Ave. H) , Ozona, Texas
|19||Firefighter's Fire Ball Benefit Dinner & Dance - The Annual Firefighter's Fire Ball, benefiting the Ozona Volunteer Fire Department, will be held at the Crockett County Convention Center. There will be a catered dinner for the firefighters and their families, followed by a dance and silent auction which is open to the public. Contact Shelly Childress at 325-277-5381 for more information.|
|30 - 28||
Remembering Our Veterans - Crockett County
- The Crockett County Museum in Ozona, Texas, has been honoring our veterans both past and present for over ten years with an annual exhibit of photos, artifacts and memorabilia submitted by local families. With hundreds of photos dating back to the Civil War era, there are also many items from other major conflicts. This exhibit will be on display from November 1st to December 7th, Pearl Harbor Day. Open to the public during regular museum hours. Mon-Fri 9-5, Sat 10-3
For more information about other interesting attractions in the Ozona area, please visit www.ozona.com
|31 - 30||Remembering Crockett County Veterans Exhibit - Each year, the Crockett County Museum in Ozona, TX, honors our veterans both past and present with an exhibit featuring photos, artifacts and memorabilia submitted by local families. There are hundreds of photos and other items dating back to the Civil War. Open to the public during regular museum hours. Admission fee: $3.00 FMI contact Emily Guerra 325-392-2837 or visit www.ozonamuseum.com|
Annual Crockett County Deerfest
- A community-wide appreciation banquet for hunters, this evening helps raise money for local civic organizations and West Texas Rehab. Attendees are fed a meal of chicken-fried deer, turkey, axis, deer sausage, deer chili, deer tamales and brisket. Proceeds are raised through ticket sales for door prizes and admission fees. Previous years' door prizes included guns,
$10,000 in Cabela's gift cards, a Polaris Ranger, and much more.
FMI, contact Martin Childress 325-227-9345
|30||Crockett County Museum Wool & Mohair Style Show - The Crockett County Museum will be hosting the annual Wool and Mohair Style Show. Lots of door prizes to be given! Proceeds will benefit the Crockett County Museum. Free Admission. Event begins at 2:00 p.m. at the Crockett County Senior Center. FMI contact Emily Guerra 325-392-2837 or visit the website.|
|5||Ozona's Evening on the Town - Do a little early holiday shopping or learn about the products & services available in Ozona. Shoppers are treated to many special delights, including discounted prices, refreshments and other exciting experiences at each location. Local businesses will remain open to the public. FMI contact Ozona Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center 325-392-3737|
Annual Holiday Hands Arts & Crafts Fair
- This annual arts and crafts fair provides a wonderful opportunity to buy that one of a kind Christmas gift for that special someone. Artists from throughout the region come together to display and sell their arts, crafts and other handmade items. All proceeds benefit the Helping Hands of Ozona. Admission: Free. 9:00 am to 6:00 pm FMI contact Dianne Phillips 325-226-4777
Address: Crockett County Civic Center - 103 Medical Dr. , Ozona, Texas
Crockett County 4-H Junior Livestock Show
- Area youth bring their best livestock for the judges to review. Open to the public. 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Crockett County 4-H Barn.
For more information, contact Aaron Renfroe at the Crockett County Extension Office 325-392-2721.