LASR.net Homepage




Menu

R. B. Schneider House


category : National Register
R. B. Schneider House

The large two-story frame house, located in Fremont, exemplifies a transitional product of Queen Anne and
Neo-Classical Revival styles. Businessman R. B. Schneider, founder of the Nye, Schneider, Fowler Company,
grain dealers, built the house in 1887 with later additions being made about 1897 and 1909. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.



Address: 234 West Tenth Street

Come visit us in Fremont, Nebraska

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Dodge County Courthouse

Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 188

Fremont, NE Historic Courthouses

Historic District Walking Tour - Downtown

Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'

Fremont, NE City Walking/Driving Tour


Depots

Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained control of the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad which began in 1869 (now the Fremont &

Fremont, NE Railroad History

Historic Visitors Center

The former Fremont Post Office building celebrated its opening August, 2000, as the new home to the Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce and several other non-profit agencies.

Fremont, NE Historic Post Offices

Things to do National Register near Fremont, NE