LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Saint Martin's Church


category : Historic Churches
Saint Martin's Church St. Martin's Catholic church was built in 1924 in the style of old Spanish Missions. It's a beautiful old stucco and terra-cotta building with the mural "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" inside.


Address: 428 N. Main
Phone: 620-845-6763

Come visit us in Caldwell, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Caldwell Cemetery

See the tombstones of Cadwell's notorious ancestors in Caldwell Cemetery. George Wood, husband of Mag Wood, were the owners of the famous Red Light Saloon.

Caldwell, KS Cemeteries

Chisholm Trail Markers

A permanent, cut stone marker identifies the location of the Chisholm Trail that led to the largest cattle market of its time in the entire world in the 1870's.

Caldwell, KS Historical Markers

"Talking Tombstones Tour"

During the "Talking Tombstones Tour", some of Caldwell's infamous cowtown characters"come back" to tell their stories at their real graves.

Caldwell, KS Tours

Historic Walking Tour

Caldwell, the Border Queen, has seen wild days as a cowtown beside the Chisholm trail, a brief period of booming times during the Oklahoma Land Rush days, and quiet prosperity based on the vast grain fields of Sumner County.

Caldwell, KS Tours

Cherokee Strip Bridge

This bridge built by Grant County, Oklahoma and Sumner County, Kansas is a new monument to those hardy and determined men and women who ran the Cherokee Strip Run in 1893.

Caldwell, KS Historic Bridges

Things to do Historic Churches near Caldwell, KS

Methodist Church

A wood frame building was built to be the first church in Sylvia. In 1911 the board members realized the church was too small...

Congregation Church

Built in 1913, the Congregational Church was later sold to the United Brethren and is still standing although it is now owned...

The Community Church

The Community church was organized in 1872, and constructed the following year at a cost of $2,000. The church had a startin...