LASR.net Homepage




Menu

St. John Lutheran Church


category : Historic Churches
This beautiful native stone church was built in 1907. August Peters of Alma was contracted to construct the present native limestone structure. Frank Schmidt donated all stone from his quarry west of the Alma Cemetery. The church was dedicated on January 12, 1908.


Address: 218 West 2nd Street

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Schroeder/Ringel Residence

This native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100

Alma, KS Famous Homes


Eck/Stratton Residence

The gingerbread trim home was built by Mr. Eck, who was a lumberman in Alma. It was built in 1904 and features a turret room, a tower resembling a castle, and original lap siding.

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Historic Stone Fences

The federal government abolished the open range in a law passed in 1867. The government paid farmers $.40 per rod (16.5 feet) to build and maintain a 4.5

Alma, KS Scenic Drives

Stone House in City Park

This house was built in the 1880

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Things to do Historic Churches near Alma, KS

The Congregational Church - 1906

When Onaga was but a year old, the Congregationalists started a church building. The church actually started in Vienna. servi...

The Methodist - Episcopal Church - 1879

The Methodist-Episcopal Church was organized in 1879, in connection with the Havensville charge. The appointment remained a p...