The Cherokee Heritage Center, operated by the Cherokee National Historical Society, is located three miles south of Tahlequah, on the original site of the Cherokee Female Seminary. This remote area, c... Cherokee Heritage Center
The Tsa-La-Gi Ancient Village has been hailed as one of America's finest living museums. It recreates the lifestyle of the Cherokees during the 16th century, prior to European contact. Realistic in de... Tsa-La-Gi Ancient Village
The Cherokee National Museum is the only facility devoted to the preservation of the heritage of the Cherokee Nation, the second largest American Tribe.
The 20,000 square foot building houses the ... The Cherokee National Museum
Adams Corner Rural Village is a detailed reconstruction of a small crossroads community of 1875 - 1890, in the final years of the old Cherokee Nation. The Heritage Farm exhibits livestock commonly fou... Adams Corner Rural Village
The Murrell Home was built in the new Cherokee Nation about 1845 by George M. Murrell. Murrell was a native Virginain who married Minerva Ross in 1834. Minerva was a member of a wealthy mixed-blood Ch... Murrell Home
This structure was built in 1845 by James S. Pierce to house the Cherokee National Supreme Court. The supreme and district court both held sessions here for some time. The "Cherokee Advocate" was also printed in this building for several years after the original Advocate building burned. About 1875