LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Masonic Building


category : Historic Buildings
The Masonic Building The three story building was built in 1924 to house the various Masonic organizations then active in Perry. In recent years the Masons have moved to a new location but their name remains associated with the building listed on the National Historic Register.

It is considered a neo-Egyptian architectural style, partly because of the columns found at the doorway near the west end of the north front. It is a radical departure from the Victorian architecture dominating the Perry business district. Besides the two retail firms housed on the main floor, the second floor contains office space, though none are presently occupied. A spacious lodge hall on the east half of the third floor is unused. A two-level auditorium originally located on the second and third levels of the west half has been converted into office space, also unoccupied. Former Governor Henry S. Johnston of Perry was grand worshipful master of Oklahoma Masonry when the building was dedicated in 1924.


Address: 327 N. 7th Street, north corner of the west side of the courthouse square.

Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Masonic Building

The three story building was built in 1924 to house the various Masonic organizations then active in Perry. In recent years the Masons have moved to a new location but their name remains associated with the building listed on the National Historic Register.

Perry, OK Historic Buildings


Rose Hill School

The Rose Hill School is a furnished one-room country school built in 1895. In schools like this one, students received their eduction from the first through the eighth grade. Rose Hill School was moved to the museum grounds in 1971.

Perry, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Noble County Courthouse

The Courthouse Square is a focal point of downtown Perry and the three-story courthouse in the center of that green oasis looms brightly there, majestically serving as a symbol of justice and dominion. Built in 1916, at a cost of $100,000

Perry, OK Historic Courthouses

The Famous Store

James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90 foot two-story brick building in 1908

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Perry, OK