LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Wahoo, Nebraska

  • Memorial Torpedo

    Memorial Torpedo

    Displayed on the front lawn of the Saunders County Courthouse is the only submarine memorial in the United States, a World War II torpedo dedicated to the serviceman of the war.

    ...
    Memorial Torpedo

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Historic Hanson House

This simplified Queen Anne dwelling was built about 1888 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is the childhood home of Dr. Howard Hanson from 1896-1917

Wahoo, NE National Register

Burlington Depot

The Wahoo Burlington Depot, a two-story wood frame building on the Ashland-to-Schuyler line, was constructed in 1886, several months before the railroad's tracks were completed in 1887. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Wahoo, NE Museums

Bethlehem Lutheran Church

The first Lutheran services ever conducted in Wahoo were in 1880. They were conducted by Rev. Nels Nordling, pastor of Edensburg church of Malmo and were held in the N.J. Anderson photography gallery. On December 25, 1883 the Swedes organized the present congregation. Lots 4, 5, and 6

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Wahoo Recreation Areas

The Wahoo Area Recreation Association operates a community recreation center (Civic Center) and senior center and has responsibility for maintaining the municipal outdoor pool and all Wahoo parks and

Wahoo, NE Recreation

First Congregational Church

The First Congregational Church was organized at Eldred, 12 miles northeast of Wahoo. Rev. Mr. Giddings was the preacher for both Eldred and Wahoo. The organizational meeting was headed by Rev. J.E. Heaton and took place on May 28, 1871. In 1880, a church was erected on the southeast corner of 5

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Things to do near Wahoo, NE