LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Woodward, Oklahoma

  • Guard House

    Guard HouseThe 1892 Guard House was the only brick building built during the military occupation of Fort Supply, and is today the museum and crown jewel among the five military structures. ...
    Guard House
  • Teamster's Cabin

    Teamster's CabinThe Teamster's Cabin is a rare example of a common frontier building. In the early 1880s, cedar logs were placed vertically in a trench to form the walls of this two-room cabin. The space between the ...
    Teamster's Cabin
  • Commanding Officer's Quarters

    Commanding Officer's QuartersThe COQ was built as a residence for the Army officer commanding Fort Supply. He and his family lived in relative comfort in the ten rooms that included a servant's room and an attached bathroom. The ...
    Commanding Officer's Quarters
  • Officers' QuartersOfficers' Quarters

    Officers' QuartersOfficers' QuartersThe Officers' Quarters is a story-and-a-half frame clapboard building. The duplex is one of eight similar buildings erected between 1882 and 1883. Six were located on "Officers' Row" and two were acro...
    Officers' QuartersOfficers' Quarters
  • The Powder Monkey's House

    The Powder Monkey's HouseLike the Teamster's Cabin, the powder monkey's house dates to about 1870 and is typical of the picket-style construction at early Fort Supply. Many of the picket buildings were later used for fire woo...
    The Powder Monkey's House

Attractions and Upcoming Events

St. John's Episcopal Church

St. John's Episcopal Church is the oldest house of worship in Woodward and probably the oldest in the old Cherokee Outlet. Built within a few months after the Cherokee Outlet land run in 1893

Woodward, OK Historic Churches

Historic Fort Supply

Five remaining buildings from the army-era at Fort Supply have been restored to their appearance of over 100 years ago, and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Woodward, OK Historic Forts

Officers' QuartersOfficers' Quarters

The Officers' Quarters is a story-and-a-half frame clapboard building. The duplex is one of eight similar buildings erected between 1882 and 1883. Six were located on "Officers' Row"

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings

Guard House

The 1892 Guard House was the only brick building built during the military occupation of Fort Supply, and is today the museum and crown jewel among the five military structures.

Woodward, OK Historic Buildings


Things to do near Woodward, OK