In addition to the main Museum, just to the north is the District #73, Hedge Corner Country School. It was originally located about 2 miles west of Tecumseh. In the 1970s, the schoolhouse was moved to its present location. The schoolhouse has been preserved as a typical one-room country school and is available for use as a classroom for those who are interested. Many of the District #73 school items are on display here, including books, maps, guides, water fountain and desks. The ever present pictures of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were donated to the school by Mae Johnson (Hurlbutt) and her students in 1941 and 1942. Just outside the school is the old country school bell, (mounted on a post), that signaled the beginning, recesses, and closing of the school day.
Hours: By appointment only
Address: 3rd and Lincoln Streets
Come visit us in Tecumseh, Nebraska