The construction of this native stone church was the result of the original frame church burning. The cornerstone of this church was laid August 27, 1899 in the new native rock structure measuring 44 by 100 feet. The building, a combination of Roman and Gothic architecture, was contracted by V. Bauer of Horton, Kansas who employed home workmen only. Much of the work and material was donated by both Catholics and non-Catholics. The church was dedicated on December 19, 1899.
Address: 1st and Kansas Avenue
Come visit us in Alma, Kansas