National Register of Historic Places
This two-story white clapboard home was built in 1897 by H.F. Johnson as a simple territorial "four square" home. In 1905, banker, Hugh Johnson, bought and refashioned it into the present Colonial Revival style for his bride, Mary. Dominant features are the towering Ionic columns supporting the two-tiered portico and sweeping front porch or veranda. An original wicker "courting" porch swing is still in place. Later owners included L.H. Rooney, D.H. Owens and the Leo Schreibers. Mr. and Mrs. Bill Yinger restored the home in 1983 and present owners, the Joe Youngs, maintain the elegant home, a Lincoln County Route 66 landmark.
Address: 503 Manvel
Come visit us in Chandler, Oklahoma