This was the United States Land Office site for filing claims at the opening of "Old Oklahoma," April 22, 1889, and also at the opening of the Cheyenne and Arapaho lands on April 19, 1892. J.C. Roberts was the first Register, and J.V. Admire, the first Receiver.
The first Post Office, at that time was named "Lisbon," was established April 20, 1889. The name was changed to Kingfisher on July 18, 1889.
This site which started as the U.S. Land Office, later became the U.S. Post Office, and is now occupied by the Brisco Oil Company Offices.
Address: Northwest corner of Main and Roberts
Come visit us in Kingfisher, Oklahoma