LASR.net Homepage




Menu

McPherson County Courthouse


category : Historic Courthouses
McPherson County Courthouse The cornerstone for this magnificent city landmark was laid in 1894 at a building cost of $35,000. The courthouse, built of native Kansas limestone, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and was completely refurbished in 1980. The 105 foot tower houses a tower clock which was converted to electricity in 1948. Almost no changes have been made to the outside of the building in its century of life. It is a prime example of the Richardsonian Romanesque architectural style of Kansas' 19th Century courthouses.


Address: Maple and Kansas Avenue
Phone: 800-324-8022
Tours available by appointment.

Come visit us in McPherson, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

McPherson Opera House

Built in 1888, the McPherson Opera House was considered one of the most elaborate and architecturally sound in the state. This three-story architectural showpiece, listed on the National Register of Historic Places had a seating capacity of 900

McPherson, KS Opera Houses

McPherson Valley Wetlands

The wetlands are managed primarily for waterfowl and other hunting during the season and wildlife viewing the rest of the year. Public hunting is allowed on most of this almost 4,000 acre area. Sportsmen should check with the wildlife manager for possible changes in areas open to hunting.

McPherson, KS Recreation

Gen. James Birdseye McPherson Statue

The equestrian statue that overlooks Memorial Park was dedicated in 1917 in a ceremony that attracted 40,000

McPherson, KS Memorials


McPherson County Courthouse

The cornerstone for this magnificent city landmark was laid in 1894 at a building cost of $35,000. The courthouse, built of native Kansas limestone, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and was completely refurbished in 1980. The 105

McPherson, KS Historic Courthouses

Things to do Historic Courthouses near McPherson, KS