As the first stone church in Kansas, the original building was constructed by the Episcopalians in the mid 1850's. The cornerstone was laid by the first chaplain at Fort Riley, Chaplin Clarkson, when it became the post chapel. During the War Between the States it was used as an arsenal, and later as a school. The chapel was extensively renovated in 1938 and rededicated as a Catholic Chapel.
The Main Post Chapel whose cornerstone was laid on July 4, 1897, was dedicated in January, 1898.
Admission: Free or Donation
Hours: By Appointment
Address: Bldg #5, Barry Avenue
Come visit us in Fort Riley, Kansas