LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Tecumseh City Hall


category : National Register
Tecumseh City Hall

Tecumseh's city hall was erected in 1890, at the cost of just over $4,000, and is another of the fanciful architectural treasures of the historic district listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building also housed the fire department which later was moved to its own building.



Address: East side of Square

Come visit us in Tecumseh, Nebraska

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Colonel Barney Oldfield

Colonel Barney Oldfield was born in Tecumseh, Nebraska on December 18, 1909, and graduated from Elk Creek High School in 1928

Tecumseh, NE Famous People

Carnegie Building

The first public libraries for Tecumseh were not pretentious. They were kept in private homes, at the city hall and elsewhere, with such books and magazines as could be secured through contributions and otherwise. The women of the city carried on the work of librarians. June 6, 1907

Tecumseh, NE Carnegie Libraries

Tecumseh Historic District - NHR

Overlooking the north fork of the Big Nemaha River in southeast Nebraska's Drift Hills region, Tecumseh has been the county seat of Johnson County since the county's organization in 1856-57

Tecumseh, NE National Register

Johnson County Courthouse

Established in 1857, Johnson County is one of the earliest counties in Nebraska. Tecumseh, which was designated the county seat, was platted in 1856. The present courthouse dates from the 1880s period of

Tecumseh, NE Historic Courthouses

Johnson County Historical Society Museum

The Johnson County Historical Society Museum complex consists of three historic buildings with the main building and the rural schoolhouse located at one site and the Old Jail standing on its original location nearby. The main museum is housed in the historic Christian Church that was built in 1888

Tecumseh, NE Museums

Things to do National Register near Tecumseh, NE

Keim Stone Arch Bridge - NHR

As indicated by a plate on the bridge itself, the Keim Stone Arch was built in 1916 by the Keim Cement Company...