Perhaps the most striking building in the downtown Perry business district area is the two-story red brick structure listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is now known as the Joseph Foucart building, named for the French-born architect who was responsible for some of the most stylish structures in Oklahoma, particularly the territorial capitol of Guthrie. Originally commissioned in 1902 as home for the Noble County Bank, it now houses offices of the Perry Chamber of Commerce, Perry Main Street and the Perry Development Coalition, three agencies dedicated to the economic, social and aesthetic welfare of this city.
Principal occupants for most of the first half of this century were a series of banks using the basement and main floor, and lawyers, doctors, dentists and other professionals on the second floor. At one time the basement also was the home of a German-language newspaper which served the large West European community in Noble county. Because it symbolizes early-day Perry, a sketch of the Foucart building now serves as the logo for Perry Main Street
Address: 300 6th Street, South end of the east side of the courthouse square.
Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma