LASR.net Homepage




Menu

St. John Lutheran Church


category : Historic Churches
This beautiful native stone church was built in 1907. August Peters of Alma was contracted to construct the present native limestone structure. Frank Schmidt donated all stone from his quarry west of the Alma Cemetery. The church was dedicated on January 12, 1908.


Address: 218 West 2nd Street

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Holy Family Catholic Church

The construction of this native stone church was the result of the original frame church burning. The cornerstone of this church was laid August 27, 1899 in the new native rock structure measuring 44 by 100

Alma, KS Historic Churches


Historic Stone Fences

The federal government abolished the open range in a law passed in 1867. The government paid farmers $.40 per rod (16.5 feet) to build and maintain a 4.5

Alma, KS Scenic Drives

City Well and Log Cabin

The City Well is a hand dug well enclosed in a native stone building, which was built in 1930. Well No. 3 was one of seven wells of which three were hand jug wells that supplied water to the City of Alma. In 1967

Alma, KS Historic Buildings

Schroeder/Ringel Residence

This native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Things to do Historic Churches near Alma, KS