The First Presbyterian Church occupies a corner lot in one of Claremore's oldest residential areas. The congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Claremore was organized in 1887 and services were held in homes until the Gothic Revival style building was constructed in 1902, 5 years before statehood.
In the 1950's and 1960's, three changes were made. The original gothic tracery windows were replaced with stained glass windows, a 40' x 40' social and educational wing was added to the southeast side of the structure and a bell tower was placed atop the stone tower. In spite of the additions, it is one of the oldest religious structures in northeastern Oklahoma that has retained its original appearance.
Address: Northeast corner of 4th & Chickasaw
Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma