LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Historic Drummond Home


category : Museums
Historic Drummond Home Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching.

The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980 and interprets the oil boom years between 1915 and 1920.


Admission: Free Admission
Hours: Friday and Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday, 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Address: 305 N. Price
Phone: 918-885-2374

Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Osage Round House

Built in 1919 to replace an earlier roundhouse, it is the only surviving community round house in Osage County. Traditionally the focus for village activities, it has been used for dances, gatherings, and meetings and is a symbol of tribal unity and tradition to the Osage Indians.

Hominy, OK Ethnic Heritage

Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

MKT Railroad Depot and Hospitality Center

The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.

Hominy, OK Railroad History

"City of Murals"

Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha'

Hominy, OK Arts

Things to do Museums near Hominy, OK

Bigheart Museum

Originally named Bigheart, after the chief of the Osage Indians, Barnsdall is now named after oilman T.N. Barnsdall. The Bigh...