Originally a country schoolhouse located southeast of Oskaloosa, the Tibbot school was moved to Oskaloosa in the 1950's and became part of the grade school, along with the Lone Tree, Kilgour and Plum ... Tibbot Schoolhouse
The school was built in 1887 on the homestead of Harrison W. Wellman, in the southeast part of Jefferson County. It is typical of the many one-room country schools that were located every few miles wi... Wellman Schoolhouse
Much of of the Midwest was dotted with small towns around the turn of the century. The general store was the main source of sustenance that allowed these small towns to survive. They provided food, cl... Reynold's General Store
The blacksmith shop was an important part of the rural community. Blacksmiths kept the town in working order the same way an auto mechanic does today. They supplied horseshoes, farming tools, and coul... Blacksmith Shop
Built in 1909, this jail came from the town of Winchester, Kansas. Since it was not fireproof, it was never locked. It was a place for drunks and tramps to sleep. The jail was a meeting place for the ... Winchester Jail
Samuel Peppard, a blacksmith and wagon maker during the mid 1800's, has provided the area with one of the most famous and interesting stories. While looking for adventure in the drought year of 1860, ... Sam Peppard's Wind Wagon
The school was built in 1887 on the homestead of Harrison W. Wellman, in the southeast part of Jefferson County. It is typical of the many one-room country schools that were located every few miles within the county and throughout the country. School Ditrict #70 was formed in 1871
Old Jefferson Town is a collection of nine restored and furnished vintage buildings from different locations around Jefferson County. They are preserved as a historic town of early day settlements. The town was named because of Jefferson County being referred to as Ol' Jefferson.
Edmonds Chapel stood 4 1/2 miles north of McLouth, Kansas, for more than 75 years. Edmonds Church was an affiliate of
the United Brethren in Christ (UB), though people from many denominations worshipped there down through the years.