LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

First United Methodist Church

The religious work done by the circuit riders in the 1860s and early 1870s which included Rev. C.W. Comstock and Rev. M.M. Smith laid the foundation for Methodism in the South Platte Mission, which included all of Saunders County except Ashland. In the spring of 1872

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Historic Hanson House

This simplified Queen Anne dwelling was built about 1888 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is the childhood home of Dr. Howard Hanson from 1896-1917

Wahoo, NE National Register

Saunders County Courthouse

In the early1900s the old courthouse building became inadequate which led to the construction of a new building. In 1903 a vote was held for the issuing of bonds and the construction of a proper kind of building for county purposes. It passed by a vote of 1,967 to 524

Wahoo, NE Historic Courthouses

St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church

The first group of Czech settlers to come to the vicinity of Wahoo arrived in August of 1874. These settlers, who were of the Catholic faith, had to travel 15 to 20 miles in order to attend mass. For three years these settlers traveled to Plasi, Fremont or Abie to attend services. Finally in 1877

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Czechland Lake Recreation Area

Czechland Lake Recreation Area is a multipurpose reservoir located one mile north of Prague and 15 miles northwest of Wahoo, Nebraska on Highway 79. The area offers a variety of outdoor activities for all seasons.

The 82-surface-acre lake is situated on 177

Wahoo, NE Recreation

Things to do near Wahoo, NE

Mahoney SP Golf

The John R. Lauritzen Driving Range gives golfers a chance to practice their skills, and clubs are available for those wantin...

Equine Trails

Horseback riders will enjoy the trail ride through the park. Rides start at the corral near the St. Deroin Schoolhouse and co...

Little Nemaha River Bridge - NHR

As indicated by a builder's plate on the bridge itself, the structure was erected in 1901 by the John Gilligan ...