LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Alma, Kansas

  • The Alma Hotel

    The Alma HotelBuilt in the late 1800s, this hotel was originally known as the Brandt Hotel. This hotel sheltered the railroad crews and almost every hotel service for travelers during the years. At one time the hot...
    The Alma Hotel
  • Alma City Office

    Alma City OfficeThis beautiful and stately native stone building was once one of the finest building in town. It was built in the early 1880s by the Limerick Brothers, two red-headed Irishmen. These freckled, Irishme...
    Alma City Office
  • Alma Bakery and Sweet Shoppe

    Alma Bakery and Sweet ShoppeThe north section of this building houses the Farm Bureau Office. This fine stone building is known as the Kearns and Kinne building. The north half of the stone structure was the C.O. Kinne and J.J. ...
    Alma Bakery and Sweet Shoppe
  • Palenske Hall

    Palenske HallA.E. Forinash was a master craftsman, stone mason and cabinetmaker. He was one of the stone masons who did much of the stone work on this building. This fine stone building was at one time a bawdy sal...
    Palenske Hall
  • Alma Antiques

    This beautiful two story stone building, built in the late 1800s originally housed a book store. Notice the date above the small doorway and the beautiful scroll work that is also around the doorway. ...
    Alma Antiques
  • Hendricks Hardware

    This stone building was built in the middle 1870s by Conrad Mueller. It operated as a saloon until Prohibition and then Mr. Mueller went into the hardware business. Currently the Hendricks own and ope...
    Hendricks Hardware
  • Old Conoco Station

    Originally there were three frame buildings at this location. The first one housed a cigar factory, the second a barber shop and the third was offices for J.B. Fields, Realtor. John Degenhardt purchas...
    Old Conoco Station
  • The American Legion Building

    This brick building was built in 1936 as a memorial to the soldiers and sailors of Wabaunsee County. Currently it houses the Ed Palenske Post #32 American Legion and Auxiilary....
    The American Legion Building
  • Wabaunsee High School

    Wabaunsee High SchoolWHS serves the communities of Alma, McFarland, Paxico and Maple Hill. It was constructed in 1938 and is an example of one of the many native stone buildings located in Alma. With its limestone exterio...
    Wabaunsee High School
  • City Well and Log Cabin

    City Well and Log CabinThe City Well is a hand dug well enclosed in a native stone building, which was built in 1930. Well No. 3 was one of seven wells of which three were hand jug wells that supplied water to the City of A...
    City Well and Log Cabin

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Stone House in City Park

This house was built in the 1880

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Alma City Office

This beautiful and stately native stone building was once one of the finest building in town. It was built in the early 1880s by the Limerick Brothers, two red-headed Irishmen. These freckled, Irishmen came swinging into Alma with a fortune of $375,000 to invest, which they did in splendid style.

Alma, KS Historic Buildings

Schroeder/Ringel Residence

This native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Kuenzli Creek Oxen Tours

Experience the speed of travel on the western trails throughout the Tallgrass Prairie of the Flint Hills. Our two hour tour makes a wholesome and educational family outing. We prefer family groups of about six or less.

Alma, KS Tours

Things to do near Alma, KS

Self-Guided Walking and Driving Tours

Emporia, founded in 1857, includes several sites of national and local significance. These tours provide a view of Emporia fr...

Jeffcoat Photography Studio Museum

The legacy of three generations of photographers who recorded the history of Dickinson County for over one hundred years. ...

Samuel N. Wood Home

The Sam Wood House (also known as the Nelson Ranch), the original part was built in the 1860's and is now known as "Buck Cree...