LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Hominy, Oklahoma

  • Marland Oils Building

    Marland Oils BuildingHominy's 1921 Marland service station is one of the few surviving examples of the popular triangle design utilized by the old Marland Oil Company (now Conoco). The building is under restoration by the...
    Marland Oils Building
  • Rexall Drug Store

    Rexall Drug StoreConstructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920s. The second floor was used for many years by various professions inclu...
    Rexall Drug Store

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Historic Drummond Home

Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching. The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980

Hominy, OK Museums

"City of Murals"

Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha'

Hominy, OK Arts

Rexall Drug Store

Constructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920s. The second floor was used for many years by various professions including law, dentistry, and photography.

Hominy, OK Historic Buildings

MKT Railroad Depot and Hospitality Center

The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.

Hominy, OK Railroad History

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do near Hominy, OK