Garden City, Kansas
Upcoming Events in Garden City Kansas
|13 - 14||
Garden City Train Show
- Garden City Model Train Show presented by the Boot Hill Model Railroad Club. Entertainment for the entire family with operating layouts, exhibitor displays and vendor booths. Admission is good for both days. Open Saturday, 10am to 6pm and Sunday, 11am to 4pm. Admission: Adults $6. Children under 10 free with a paid adult. Location: Exhibition Building at the Finney County fairgrounds.(409 Lake Avenue, Garden City KS)
Address: Finney County Fairgrounds, 409 Lake Avenue , Garden City, Kansas
|28 - 6||Beef Empire Days Parade & Chuck Wagons in the Park - Parade down Main Street and booths in Stevens Park providing you with nearly 30 events geared to the cattle feeding industry, the arts and humanities, and the athletes of the High Plains area. Events and activities include Feeder Cattle Challenge, Cattle Working Contest, Team Roping & Barrel Racing, Ranch Rodeo, and educational programs.|
|20 - 22||
- This Kansas Music Festival will have fine craft, crafts and commercial/retail exhibitors, and 6 food booths. There will be 3 stages with International, National, Regional and Local talent and the hours will be Fri 5:30pm-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 12:30pm-6:30pm. Admission tickets are $5 - $20. This event will also include children's giant arts & crafts tent.
|3 - 4||
Annual Community Mexican Fiesta
- The Mexican heritage that helps shape Garden City’s unique culture draws a special notice during the annual community event "Fiesta". Celebrating over 90 years, the Garden City Fiesta is the longest running annual community celebration in Garden City and the second longest in Kansas. As every year, the key events will be the Fiesta Scholarship Pageant to be held on Friday evening at Garden City Community College. The Fiesta parade begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday on Garden City’s Main Street. The celebration will continue immediately after the parade at Steven's Park featuring a series of family-friendly activities, food and live music! For more information, contact Angelica Chappel at (620) 290-6264.
Address: Garden City Community College , Garden City, Kansas
Garden City Fall Fest
- With over 100 vendors and entertainment groups joining in on the fun, Fall Fest provides local citizens the opportunity to visit with vendors from all over Kansas. This year's festival features partnerships with the Knights of Columbus Oktoberfest food court, as well as arts & crafts vendors, the NasDuck 500 race, buck-a-duck races for the kids, and the entertainment arena to create a day-long, family friendly event. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Vendors register for Fall Fest 2017 online. Vendors may also print the Vendor Registration Form and mail your payment to Garden City Downtown Vision, 120 E. Laurel, Garden City, KS 67846. All vendors are encouraged to download the Vendor Instruction Letter containing important information about sales tax information and event set-up. Register by September 1 for early fees; no later than the 15th.
Last year's Fall Fest attendance was well over 5,000 and another record crowd is anticipated. Booth rental starts at $50 and goes up, depending on booth size, type and electricity needs. Booths run up and down the center of Main Street to help with the flow of traffic and to entice festival goers to venture into downtown stores. The entertainment will be in the central location of Main & Laurel for family and friends to meet up or just sit, relax, and enjoy the entertainment. The booths will be placed at appropriate locations to accommodate all types of vendors and products.
Address: 620-276-0607 , Garden City, Kansas
BOO! at the Zoo
- BOO! at the Zoo is the wildest trick-or-treat in town! Come to this spooktacular event Saturday (weather date, next Saturday) from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Numerous treat stops along the zoo's trick or treat trail will offer a variety of goodies for a safe, spooky good time for the whole family. Dress in your most inspiring costume, or just come as yourself and have a great time while supporting the zoo. All proceeds will go towards Lee Richardson Zoo's next exhibit, Cat Canyon. The zoo will close on Friday at 3:00 PM to begin setting up for BOO! and will remain closed on Saturday until the gates open at 4:00 PM. (Always the Saturday 2 weeks before Halloween).
For express entry, tickets can be purchased in advance at the Friends of Lee Richardson Zoo Office, The Safari Shoppe, or Ward's Garden Center.
Address: Lee Richardson Zoo, Finnup Park , Garden City, Kansas