The county dedicated its first Court House in 1937, 30 years after statehood. The decision was made to purchase the property and went to the vote of the people. The bond issue failed twice but finally carried on the third try. There have been several additions to the original building.
The first court house for the district was located at Kephart Springs, about six miles northeast of Claremore. Here four terms of court were held each year and difficulties arising between citizens were "threshed-out" in much the same manner as now.
The Cherokee Court House was a framed structure and was moved to Claremore about 1888 and served as a "temple of justice" until the Cherokee courts were abolished.
Address: Patti Page Blvd. and Missouri Street
Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma